making for me #3


Well, it has been very quite here for the last month, and I've already justified that with my camera issues.  I do apologise.

I have been sewing though!

I have been working on my Harry Potter quilt. Which is coming along nicely, thank you very much. And lots of support from the interwebs, so genuinely, thank you.


I'd never tried paper piecing, and I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I am enjoying it.

I have made myself a super cute little pouch.


In my pouch I am storing my current hexie project.

What's that? a hexie project?? Yes, I have started something new! I decided that my WIP pile is not big enough yet, so I thought I should throw something else on there :-)

I was feeling inspired by all the fabulous scrappy radiant orchid going on across blogland, that I grabbed my purple scrap jar (and some off my shelf, but shh, we're pretending that I'm being fabric smart) and my papers and started making hexies. Here's a sneak, but I'll do a proper post later (so I have something to link up too :-P).




Everything else I've made has been for soemone else, but the balance is definitely in my favour at the moment.  I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the state of things - ie, weighted in favour of more things for me!!!!

So what about you? What have you been working on lately? Anything you want to share?

E xx




Oh! I almost forgot! I have made a button!!! I'm pretty excited (can you tell?) I feel like i'm all learned, now :-0






The Lazy Quilter

Comments

  1. I totally blame you that Car has now suckered me into a HP quilt! Love those purple hexies, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! HP Quilt a long!!! I am sooooo up for that!!
      E xx

      Delete
  2. Seriously! You have a purple scrap jar. I have so few half decent purples that I am tempted to frame the ones I find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I am a purple addict, and with the radiant orchid thing, I have bought more purple than ever before. I have to admit that my scrap jar is mostly solids and I have cut a couple of sneaky strips of some yardage to get enough textures. Have you seen the purple in the Joel Dewberry Bungalow? The purple birds is to die for! I have bought at least 2 metres so far (and will possibly buy more, I love it so.).
      E xx

      Delete
  3. Love your HP sorting hat - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ruth. i was a bit worried abotu the colours, but I'm really happy with it. I feel so accomplished :-)
      E xx

      Delete
  4. Mmmmm, those purples are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am a purple addict, so I'm pretty happy :-)
      E xx

      Delete
  5. Cute pouch and lovely hexies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vera. They are very pleasant company :-)
      E xx

      Delete
  6. Love the sorting hat, and those beautiful purple hexies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leanne. i have to admit that I was inspired by some fabulously patchworky purple around blogland and couldn't resist my own small version.
      E xx

      Delete
  7. These are all so great! The sorting hat turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! Everything feels a bit half done, but I'm trying to go slow and enjoy the process :-)
      E xx

      Delete
  8. I added my post from today to your linky. I will go now and put your button on my blog too....and into my document to remember to come back weekly. This is going to be weekly right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I was thinking monthly :-) Got to give us time to sew and keep the calm and relaxing vibe to the selfish sewing :-)
      So excited you're joining in.
      E xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. Who doesn't love purple? Am I right?????
      E xx

      Delete
  10. I love the hexie project and the pouch to keep it safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam. It was such a flulke that I happened to make the pouch and then was looking for somewhere to store my hexies and BAM! Match made in heaven. It's a good size too. Fits everything in, but doesn't take up a HUGE space in my handbag.
      E xx

      Delete
  11. Your purple hexies are looking great! I have so few purples, it's kind of surprising. I used to have a huge pile of purple scraps, but I think I sent them away to someone and now I've got pretty much none. Which means I'll have to start actually using some of my purple yardage, I guess. I don't have a lot of it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so in love with my hexies. It's a bit crazy! It's my first properly scrappy project and I'm still thinking too much about where everything goes but I love it. And I am loving the mix of fabrics and textures. You should definitely cut into your yardage. I want to see you purple projects :-)
      E xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm still working out how to make email reply's work, but I promise I read every one and will reply by email or on the blog.
E xx