What up!!

Ok, I know I'm two - no three - weeks late for Easter, but I had this all typed and it was what I did over the Easter holiday, so I though what the hey, let's post it anyway! :-)

--ooOoo--

I hope you all had a marvellous Easter. You all deserve to be completely spoilt and covered in chocolate (that has kinky undertones, but I swear I didn't mean it that way!).

Over here I  revelled in the Easter break. I have taken an extra three days off work and with the ANZAC public holiday (for foreigners, that's our big war Memorial Day here in Aus) I have almost two weeks off. And the best part is - it is being spent at home!!!! No travel. No suitcases. No flights or hotels or having to try and get all the cleaning done in the 30 seconds before we leave. I am getting to loll around the house, in my pajamas, and just relax. It's wonderful!

I have even gotten some sewing done! I know! Crazy, right!

In the Easter spirit I thought I'd pull out my Bunny Hill and get my stitch on. I've been working on my Harry Potter so much, it was so refreshing to do some simple patchwork again. I sat and spent an afternoon just chain piecing and then ironing. And or was so darn relaxing! Simply heaven, I tells ya!



Now I know you can't really see it, but there are little bunnies frolicking all over that fabric. I swear!!
And now all my little 2.5" squares are in pairs and ready to get sewn into strips.



I want to lay them out first and try to arrange them so I can avoid patterns touching if possible. I want this to feel really random and properly patchworky, so I don't want there to be big clumps of bunnies or circles or anything. I want them spread out. Only trouble is, Harry Potter's taking up my design wall... :-/

#firstworldproblems   #toomanywips   #justmakeadecisionalready   #yesiamusingthehashtag

Now I'm off to travel through the blogosphere to catch up on all your happenings. I have seen some tantalising peaks and I want to know EVERYTHING!!!

Loves ya!
E xx

Comments

  1. BWAHAHA I have so many first world problems like this where any reasonable person eavesdropping on me going through the options in my head would think I was a lunatic. That's going to look so pretty when it's done. Those colors are so soft and beautiful. I especially like the pale purple with the grey tones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee. Honestly, I'm terribly hard done by to not have enough wall space in my dedicated sewing room, to have a second/third design wall... :-P Or maybe I should just get off my butt and start finishing up some wips and then space will magically appear! I fell in love with the pretty pasetls with the grey. I think I'm going to get yardage of the grey and purple for the backing. It has a really lovely feminine vibe without being flowers and super pink. and if you look at the fabrics in bigger sizes (so.. not 2" squares) the design is really subtle. It's just a lovely mass of swirls and fluer de lis type scroll work. Really pretty. :-)
      E xx

      Delete
  2. You are too adorable! And this quilt will be too! I do hope you had a lovely holiday! And I'm totally on board with you and this first world problem thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D I try! lol. I try not to whine too much, because I realyl am incredibbly lucky, but come on! The lack of adequate design space is a travesty! :-P
      E xx

      Delete
  3. Sweet colours! I've never made a square patchwork quilt.. should probably do that lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either! I'm finding it a super relaxing type of sewing. It's a differnt vibe to all the quilting I've done so far :-) And lots of chain peicing, so verry relaxing.
      E xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm still working out how to make email reply's work, but I promise I read every one and will reply by email or on the blog.
E xx